Do you jump out of bed in a morning raring to go or can’t you wait until the time when you can crawl back in? Do you return from a busy day at work and collapse on the sofa with tiredness? You’re certainly not alone if you do, tiredness is the number one complaint that we visit our doctor with. It’s easy to blame our busy lifestyles with work commitments, family, household chores, travel etc But tiredness or fatigue is not always due to burning the candle at both ends.
The Royal College of Psychiatrists suggests that, at any given time, one in five people feel unusually tired and one in 10 have prolonged fatigue. Women tend to feel tired more than men.
Why is it that some people have bags of energy and pack so much into a day? Assuming there are no underlying medical conditions (check with your doctor) and your basic needs are met, like getting enough quality sleep, drinking enough water, getting enough exercise and the correct nutrition. It might surprise you to learn that 70 percent of our total energy is emotional—the kind that manifests as hope, resilience, passion, fun, and enthusiasm.
Highly energetic people learn to replace their emotional energy:
Learn to recognize what drains your energy—life situations, toxic people, or habits of mind like worry, guilt, indecision, and envy—and take steps to avoid or minimize it. Second, you identify what fills your tank—pleasure, prayer, novelty, anticipation, fun—and give yourself more.
Unlike physical energy which can deplete as we age, we can learn to increase our emotional energy year on year; it’s a never-ending renewable energy source!! Finding out what works for you is the key, recognize what drains your energy and take steps to change. Common energy drains could be:
1. Living up to someone’s else expectations
2. Loss of identity, not knowing who you are and what direction you’re taking in life.
3. Envy – Comparing yourself to others is a total waste of time! Look at what you have and be grateful! Showing gratitude everyday is a great energy booster!
4. Worry – torments and exhausts us. Taking action is a cure for worrying!
5. Unfinished projects / tasks. Either plan to complete the tasks or dump them! If you can’t find the time to do them either outsource or forget them!
GET YOUR FREE TIPS
Just join our mailing list and you can immediately download my FREE tips PDF at the website http://www.susiemitchell.co.uk/